Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Michael Mann on the alleged "Serengeti strategy" that mean old deniers are allegedly using against him

Amazon Kindle: A Highlight and Note by Tom Nelson from The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines

The climate change deniers isolate individual scientists just as predators on the Serengeti Plain of Africa hunt their prey: picking off vulnerable individuals from the rest of the herd.

This post is a test of the idea that I can use Twitter to share book excerpts from the Kindle app on my iPad.

If you click on the above link, you may be able to read the first chapter of Mann's book for free. Please let me know if this works for you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worked for me!

And what a treat, read about how 'deniers' have instigated "the best funded, most carefully orchestrated assault on science the world has known."

His writing contains as much hyperbole as his science...

Bob K said...

I was able to read up to part way through chapter 3 using your link.

Captain Curt said...

Also able to read into Chapter 3. Thanks!

papertiger said...

All I'm getting is the one sentence highlighted in your post, but on the Amazon server.

papertiger said...

"You must click the button"

Ok Ok Ok Got it. I hate when I do that. So stupid. "Just click the button Jim, and you'll be able to read the first chapter, for freeeeeeee."

Really Tom. It's a hell of a burden you've taken up, slogging through that sewer of a book. You should let some of the rest of us take up the slack. I know that won't work, but still if there's anything...
Maybe I can send a pair of prophylactic gloves so you don't get any on your person.
I have a pair of size nine hipwaders.

Just ask.